The bottom two floors are wood planking with varied width of planks, installed when J was in the 7th or 8th grade. Upstairs is a printed paper parquet floor on half of the attic. All rooms except the kitchen (downstairs, left) are wallpapered. Most of the paper has seen much better days. The attic and bathroom (upstairs, left) have seen the worst of the ware and discoloration.
The only walls I plan on not redoing are the bedroom, which are cream with a light blue-green floral print. I am debating changing the pitch of the attic roof and adding a widow's walk.
J floored over the opening for the stair in the bedroom. Since I am planning on removing all the floors and starting that from scratch, I will likely order a set of stairs for that spot. This would let me have more head-room up there and make decorating the inside easier, but sounds like major surgery to me but could also mean that I could take the floorboards and use them as ship-lap in the attic!
The door being off center by just-that-much really annoys me, even though I know it is that way to allow for the stairs. I am debating switching the door and window placement in the living room so that I can put in a smaller window, more centered on the one above it. I am also contemplating a set of French doors on the side wall of the living room. That would also allow me to wrap the porch around that side and visually balance out the new placement of the door a little,
While I am wrapping the porch around, I may make it a double porch by hanging it flat instead of angled. then the bedroom also has an access to the outdoors.
Decisions, decisions....




Oooooooooo
ReplyDelete